FISM, Fondazione Italiana Sclerosi Multipla, funding the project "The Italian Neuroimaging Network Initiative (INNI) to optimize the use of advanced MRI techniques in patients with MS" and owner of the database.
- Neuroimaging Research Unit, Institute of Experimental Neurology, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Fondazione Centro San Raffaele, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy.
Principal Investigator: Prof. Massimo Filippi.
- Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, "La Sapienza" University, Rome, Italy.
Co-investigator: Prof. Patrizia Pantano.
- Department of Neurological Sciences, University of campania "Luigi Vanvitelli" and Care ''Hermitage Capodimonte", Naples, Italy.
Co-investigator: Prof. Gioacchino Tedeschi.
- Department of Neurological and Behavioural Sciences, University of Siena, Siena, Italy.
Co-investigator: Prof. Nicola De Stefano.
The INNI network is leaded by a Steering Committee. Members of the Steering Committee are the Principal Investigator (Prof. M. Filippi), the leaders of the other sites proposing INNI (Prof. P. Pantano, Prof. N. De Stefano, Prof. G. Tedeschi and Dr. M.A. Rocca), and representatives of the Fondazione Italiana Sclerosi Multipla (FISM), who is the owner of the database, according to the italian law on copyright. The Steering Committee ensures that the INNI project adheres to the study design and methodology laid out in the grant submission.
In particular, the Steering Committee is responsible to:
- Deciding on admission of additional participants to the INNI network
- Deciding on the composition of the Steering Committee
- Reviewing the requests of project proposals requiring a download of data from the centralized database, and decision about their approval or rejection
- Monitoring and updating the web site www.inni-ms.org
- Identifying and approving external funding